Sunday, June 3, 2007

Rain!

Finally! Although we are still over 10 inches below normal rainfall, we received a rainy day yesterday! I gladly posponed my Saturday yard chores to allow every precious drop of water to hit the ground. Finally got my car & truck rinsed off. Local watering bans prohibit washing of cars, rinsing of driveways, etc. I only water my yard during the days allowed under the ban, although there are neighbors who do not honor the bans and water daily. I did not water the Tomato garden yesterday or today, but alas, I will probably have to continue my ritual starting tomorrow.

I picked my green pepper this afternoon and will cut up half of it to go with a nice cool salad with supper this evening and use the other half in a spaghetti sauce later this week.

The weeds and "nut" grass have seemingly exploded in growth overnight due to the rain. I will have to launch a counter-offensive later this week. Along with feeding the tomatoes, the yard will now need mowing and with that goes the trimwork. Next Saturday is now booked.

The grill remained cool this weekend, but be not afeared, it will return to action soon! The history of my grill will be an interesting story sometime later this summer.....

"KeKe"

No comments: